We all love free. That’s why we offer a wide range of complimentary (yes, free!) services to make sure you have all the assistance you need for a successful meeting.
The Fond du Lac Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is here to ensure your event experience — convention, meeting or special group event — is a tremendous success. with complimentary services during your events as well as pre- and post-event planning. So C’mon in and let’s get to work!
- Event Dates. Assistance with search for your best available dates, including review of other area events and dates to ensure your optimum lodging availability.
- Local Lodging. We gather availability and rates from local lodging partners for your group and provide a user-friendly chart of hotel options to share with your guests.
- Venue Selection. Based on your specific meeting or event needs, we identify venues that fit your requirements.
- Proposals. On your behalf, we provide your specific function requirements and request proposals from local lodging and venue partners.
- Rebate Incentives. Based on number of overnights needed for local lodging during your event, you may qualify for a financial rebate — our unique and cool “Booking Bonus” — from the Fond du Lac Area Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Tourism Funds. Have any budget hurdles for hosting an event in Fond du Lac? Let us know. Based on your total number of overnights, we can review your financials to determine if you qualify for supplemental tourism funds from the Fond du Lac Area Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- State Tourism Grants. If you’re hosting a regional or national event or meeting in Fond du Lac, your organization may qualify for a Wisconsin Department of Tourism grant. This funding typically offsets facility costs and bid or site fees. Based on your event criteria, the Fond du Lac Area Convention & Visitors Bureau can apply for the grant on your behalf.
Meetings and Special Event Assistance:
- Welcome Bags
- Welcome Bag & Folder Stuffing Assistance
- Area Coupons
- Area Restaurant List
- Area Maps
- Name Badges
- Volunteer Registration Assistance
- Visitor Information Station
- Welcome Letter
- Community Leader Welcome
- Group Tour Transportation Assistance
- Activity Planning Assistance for Convention Guests or Children’s Programs
- Area Businesses Referral Assistance
- Speaker and Entertainment Referrals
- Fond du Lac Area Attractions and Business Brochures
- Distribute Event Press Releases
- Your Public Event Listing on fdl.com Online Calendar
- Fond du Lac Welcome Sign or Banner
- Customized Welcome Sign At Your Meeting (minimal fee)
- Mailing and Copy Assistance*
If a service isn’t listed here, feel free to ask!
Please contact the Director of Sales at the Fond du Lac Area Convention & Visitors Bureau for any special requests.
*Service availability based on group room block for sleeping rooms and a fee may apply.