Create a Success Story Center
Create a “Success Story Center” that acts as a clearinghouse within an existing organization to coordinate all success stories and promotional material in the region to proactively pursue press coverage opportunities.
Status: In Progress / Combined with ‘Identify organization to track all Fond du Lac press coverage’ Action Item
Lead(s): Craig Molitor, Fond du Lac Area Visitors Bureau; Melissa Worthington, AC; Jenny Knuth, wisnet
The Envision site is still being built. The blogging feature remains integral to the new Envision website and bloggers are being identified and scheduled/assigned. Aiming for launch in April/May.
Craig provided an update on the new Envision website (Marketing committee) Melissa, Craig, Jenny, Patty Lehn, Mary Parado, Steve Jenkins
- Need to be able to push out all of the great activity that’s happening either as a result of or through Envision
- FACVB proposed that FDL.com serve as the host of the reborn Envision website.
- GOALS of Website: Tell the community what Envision is and Create a vibrant communication tool for FDL residents to share information and to be reminded about what a great place this is to live and work in.
- Costs have been absorbed by FACVB, pro bono work by Patty, Mary, Wisnet
Practical reasons for using FACVB website as infrastructure:
- FACVB has the marketing infrastructure in place. This is what they do every day.
- FACVB has the manpower and the knowhow to do this and make it stay relevant and pertinent.
- FDL.com domain is incredibly simple – makes sense to the local audience and visitor audience too
- FACVB is a destination marketing organization with a goal to drive tourism. Only way to drive tourism is to sell FDL – fun, healthy, safe, etc. place to live, work, play, visit
- Content is king and FACVB has a primary focus on content development as a standard course of business.
- EnvisionFDL.com – will direct to FDL.com
Vision of Envision – Getting people to understand the collective impact of this work. Community owned, community drives it forward. What happens when a community works together…
- Blog governance structure – lead blogger by category who can approve blog postings and also makes sure the blogs are getting written and posted.
- 3-4 blogs per month per category… Will have an editorial calendar. Scheduled, organized, requires commitment or will not succeed. Bloggers have been identified already. But, always interested in more…
- FACVB will MARKET the blog
- Will rely on other businesses to pick up Envision blog content as well.
- Tools will be provided for businesses to tap into Envision RSS feed
Site moving into development within the next week. Then, work to populate content.
Working to develop a communications initiative, including a Community Blogging program and an Earned Media effort‹‹ Back to Our Identity