Art All Around
Location: Fond du Lac and the Lake Winnebago Region
Dates: Friday, June 2nd, Saturday, June 3rd, Sunday, June 4th
There’s so much to the Arts in Fond du Lac… we needed THREE days to experience it all!
Fond du Lac and the Lake Winnebago region is excited to present Art All Around, a fun-filled and interactive weekend for all! Art of all kinds from throughout the Midwest, as well as music, fun on the farm, food and interactive experiences abound. Enjoy our regional Art experience – Art All Around!
Gallery/Busker Night – Downtown
Location: Downtown District (Fond du Lac – Near 1st & Main)
Friday, June 2nd 5pm – 8pm
Enjoy a walk through Fond du Lac’s Downtown District. Friday is also Busker Night, with musicians from all over Wisconsin to kick off this exciting Art weekend. Participating galleries will be offering unique exhibits, demonstrations and specials. Farm fresh goodies from Meuer Farm will be available for sampling as well. Make sure you pick up your Art All Around All Access Pass and Game Piece at any of the participating galleries.
Participating Galleries/Locations: Gallery & Frame Shop, Macy Place, Riverwalk Art Center, Trista Holz Studios, Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts, Ubuntu Art Space, Main Street Plaza (near the Clock Tower), Berger Courtyard (next to Downtown Deli to Go)
Art on the Plaza
Location: Main Street, Fond du Lac (between Western Ave. and Division St.)
Saturday, June 3rd 8am – Noon
Come to the Berger Park Plaza next to Downtown Deli to Go to see the children’s art gallery sponsored by the Children’s Museum of Fond du Lac. A viewer’s choice competition will be conducted throughout the morning, so come vote for your favorite! Bring the kids and participate in the Chalk Walk. There will be plenty of sidewalk chalk for kids to create their own works of art on the squares of Berger Park Plaza. Visit the Fond du Lac Public Library booth where the Idea Studio will offer a Create-Your-Own Jewelry Station. Rain or shine!
Farmers Market – Main Street (8am – Noon)
Vendors sell fresh local produce, plants, flowers, baked goods, meats and cheese. Crafts, arts, pottery, and other hand-made items are also available.
Petting Zoo – National Exchange Bank & Trust (9am – 11am)
The annual National Exchange Bank & Trust June Dairy Month Petting Zoo will be taking place Saturday at its downtown location at the corner of Main and 2nd Street. For more information, visit www.nebat.com.
Art on the Farm
Location: Meuer Farm (N2564 US Hwy 151, Chilton, WI)
Saturday, June 3rd 10am – 4pm
Come visit Meuer Farm for a unique art experience, only a stone’s throw from Lake Winnebago. This is the 3rd Annual Art on the Farm event with artists creating and showing their hand-crafted pieces. You will see Plein Air artists, as well as other artists providing demonstrations. Farmer Dave will be offering tours as well as a fun and interactive beekeeping demonstration at 12:30pm. In addition, the Busy Bee Country Store will be open for the first time for the season! Handicap friendly. Please no pets. Rain or shine!
Art on the Prairie
Location: Gottfried Prairie & Arboretum (Across from UW-FDL – 400 University Dr.)
Saturday, June 3rd 4pm – 8pm
If you haven’t been to Gottfried Prairie and Arboretum yet, you’re in for an exhibit in natural beauty. In May, the colors begin to show, and by the end of June you are surrounded by a fully painted canvas of native prairie. Come for your own inspiration or participate in one or more of the following:
Children’s Watercolor Workshop (4pm – 6pm)
Join Prairie Enthusiast, Tracy McDermott for a nature-inspired, live art class for kids and beginners. Using watercolors, we’ll focus on the prairie’s beauty and how you can draw inspiration from it. Rain or shine!
If interested ask about the Art in the Prairie workshop which begins in late June.
Sunset Prairie Tours (6pm – 8pm)
Join the Prairie tour guides for a walk-through this beautiful prairie. You will enjoy well-maintained trails as you explore the beautiful Gottfried Prairie and Arboretum. See the 42 acres of tallgrass and shortgrass prairie, five acres of formal arboretum and interpretive hiking trails. Handicap friendly. Leashed pets welcome.
Art on the Island
Location: Oven Island at Lakeside Park (Promen Drive, Fond du Lac)
Sunday, June 4th 10am – 4pm
Join us for the 49th Annual Art on the Island Event. Walk through Lakeside Park, along the shores of Lake Winnebago as you browse the works of 50 artists from all over the Midwest. There will be a variety of fine arts and original in design crafts including paintings, ceramics, jewelry, garden art and much more to see up close. High School Scholarship recipients will display their works in the Silent Auction Pavilion. Music by Drowsy Maggies, a children art area and concessions by the Fond du Lac Noon Optimist Club are all part of the festivities.
Visit the Art All Around tent to be entered to win an Art All Around Gift Package. Viewer’s choice awards will be presented for the Children’s Museum Exhibit. Art on the Prairie Workshop, and Plein Air pieces will be on display as well. Rain or shine!
Art all Around Promotions & Specials
Area businesses will be offering special event deals/discounts/promotions for the Art All Around weekend.
Art All Around Hotel Specials and Rates (June 2nd, 3rd & 4th)
Fond du Lac Locations
- Comfort Inn – $99.00 + tax (Call the hotel directly to book with the special rate. 920-921-4000)
- Country Inn & Suites – $109.00 – $119 + tax (Call the hotel directly to book with the special rate. 920-924-8800)
- Executive Lodge – $69.95 + tax (Call the hotel directly to book with the special rate. 920-923-2020)
- Holiday Inn – $85.00 + tax (Call the hotel directly to book with the special rate. 920-923-1440)
- Holiday Inn Express – $114.00 + tax (Call the hotel directly to book with the special rate. 920-322-0460)
- Super 8 – $80.00 + tax (Call the hotel directly to book with the special rate. 920-922-1088)
Art All Around Retail & Restaurant Specials and Promotions (June 2nd, 3rd & 4th)
Fond du Lac Locations
- A&W Drive-in – Buy one, Get one free on all Famous Root Beer Floats.
- Annie’s Fountain City Café – Art at Annie’s Special. Show your Art All Around badge and receive a free small coffee or $2.00 off a specialty drink.
- Cujak’s Wine & Coffee Bar – Offer available June 2nd & 3rd only, not open Sundays. Buy one get one 50% on coffee drinks & glasses of wine. 25% off accessories.
- Downtown Deli to Go – Art All Around Special, 50 cents off a Bloody Mary. A portion of the weekend’s profits will go toward the Fond du Lac Artists’ Association Scholarship Fund.
- Haentze Floral – $5.00 off a $25.00 purchase. Promo Code: ART.
- Macy Place – Friday, June 2nd (6:30 – 8:30pm) Paint your own wine glass set of 2. All materials included. RSVP required. $15
- Mancino’s Pizza and Grinders – Grinders All Around Weekend Special . Live music. Prix Fixe Menu. Artwork on Display
- Pizza Ranch – $1.50 off an adult buffet. Limit 2. Use code: 9270.
- Schreiner’s Restaurant – Artist inspired specialty cocktails available all weekend, June 2nd, 3rd & 4th
Lake Winnebago Region
- Meuer Farm–Brothertown – Join us for Art on the Farm, Saturday, June 3rd and check out our selection at Busy Bee Country Store, which opens for the season. Stop in or visit our website for your farm fresh ingredients!
- LaClare Family Creamery–Malone – Find the Artisan in you Special. Build-Your-Own Cheese Plate and receive 10% off all items. Buy one entree and receive 50% off an appetizer. Art on the Town Stain Glass Painting, Sunday, June 4th at 2:00 pm. Please RSVP. Cost of class and materials is $50.
- Vines & Rushes Winery-Ripon – Complimentary Wine Tasting Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday: Live Music w/ Dan Braaksma 5:30 – 8:30 pm. Wood fire pizza served 4 – 8pm. Saturday: Artisan Marketplace with over 20 vendors 10am – 3pm. Wood fire pizza served 12 – 6 pm.
Art All Around All Access Game
Pick up your All Access Passes at any one of these locations.
Downtown Galleries (During Gallery Night, Friday June 2nd 5 – 8pm)
- Gallery & Frame Shop 94 S. Main Street, Fond du Lac, WI
- Macy Place 82 S. Macy Street, Fond du Lac, WI
- Riverwalk Art Center 33 W. 2nd Street, Fond du Lac, WI
- Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts 51 Sheboygan Street, Fond du Lac, WI
- Trista Holz Studios 13 E. 1st Street, Fond du Lac, WI
- Ubuntu Art Space 52 E. Division Street, Fond du Lac, WI
Other Event Stops (Saturday, June 3rd – Hours vary, See Event Schedule above)
- Farmers Market / Annie’s Fountain City Café 72 S. Main Street, Fond du Lac, WI
- Art on Berger Plaza / Downtown Deli to Go 74 S. Main Street, Fond du Lac, WI
- Art on the Farm / Meuer Farm N2564 US-151, Chilton, WI
- Art on the Prairie / Gottfried Prairie 400 University Drive, Fond du Lac, WI
See posted rules at any location for your chance to win the Art All Around Grand Prize. Drawing will be held at Art on the Island on Sunday, June 4th at 3pm.